Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ms. Independent

Ladies, ladies, ladies after listening to the new Ne-Yo song "She's Got Her Own" I feel the need to congratulate those of us who are doing our thing. And when I say doing our thing I mean handling your business and taking care of your self. Women who are emotionally stable (because we tend to be erratic), financially sound and working to ensure that we keep things that way.

Even though I KNOW we aren't taking on tasks to please our men, clearly they find it attractive. Being able to take care of your self is a wonderful thing, because it shows him and the world that you're reliable, self-sufficient and that if he needed you, you could come through in a clutch. A woman about her business definitely says a lot. Yet most importantly it says that we have drive, ambition and good sense.

Finally we have a song giving us credit for being what we have always been: the pooh (you know what I mean)! It's good to know that for the first time in a long time we're not being degraded, talked about or called out of our names for the sake of entertainment. But; instead a song that is encouraging and rewarding!

"She got her own thing, that's why I love her..." On a side note, if this is you, your boo loves you because your able to be two things that most men today desire: the loving lady by his side and independent.

So with that said ladies pat your self on the back, hi-five your girls, continue the good work and KEEP being the DIVA's you already are!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this blog...nowadays..dudes are intimidated or feel insecure because a woman is independent...enjoys the finer things, and kan get it for herself...my thing is..i want my girl to be independent, cuz i feel if ever come into a bump in the road..i know she can have my back and pick up where i left off..buti love sexy succesful ladies dressed up in the corporate attire...shiiit..i need to find me ms. july 4th..ms. independent...but great blog...and them women on the video makes me want to pull out the whipp kream and apple dip...