Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poetry In the Name of Love

I have decided to post a few poems froma good friend of mine. As they relate to my Goddess Gab, feel free to leave comments and let us know what you think of her work!! Here is the first one by Ms. Britaine Bell

When I Met You
02.12.08

A crush was the feeling at first
Until past lovers faded
And depression vanishedInto timeless moments of conversation
Every hour, every day
Enhanced one’s memory about each other
Expressing evolved emotions
Not only through voice
But, also through sharing endless kisses and hugs
Spending quality time any where thought of
Receiving continuous messages
Acknowledging future passages
Ready to eliminate excessive baggage
Which would determine
The relationship we would soon manage

As our eyes compared
Innocence was portrayed in every stare
Imagining that we could be the perfect pair

Gullible, is how I was perceived
By those of concern
Not realizing skeletons could be hidden
And our attraction would be forbidden
And misleading to the public eye
And I would have to listen to your lies
Which is something we both know I despise
Then, my main focus would be to
Demand you to rid all ties With someone who probably relies
On your presence as much as I…do

But, I refused to accept that point of view
Because “never will I hurt you,” is what you said
Which allowed my feelings to run ahead
Without thinking of any regret

I used to love to listen to your
Voice whisper in my ear
As you held me close
So close, I could hear
Our hearts beat…Our heats beat
So clearI pushed back, out of fear
Because I knew deeper feelings were near
And I couldn’t risk losing anymore tears
Over someone who probably wouldn’t last
At least that’s what I thought
Because I evaluated your past…love
Who, you seem to get over so fast
But, I understood your circumstances
That there just wasn’t any more romance

I can't give you the whole poem, this is just enough to tease your taste buds!


Britaine’ D. Bell

0 comments: