Thursday, October 23, 2008

If I Were A Boy

Usually I do my best to keep from male bashing but after listening to the new Beyonce' song I have to agree with her that boys just don't understand, how it feels to be us and the things that we go through to catch their eye and maintain relationships.

If I were a boy, I would do everything I could to keep the one I KNOW loves me by my side and happy. Not saying men should bend over backwards but they should be just as accommodating as they expect us to be.

What makes it OK for men to get away with everything and we just discount it as "boys will be boys"? Double standards are going to be the end of monogamy. Men know they can get away with more, so they do. They stay out late, party all night without calling, give us half-hearted answers and always have an alibi when their story doesn't add up.

Ladies often find themselves trying to mimic they boys, but girls, here is where the problem lies...we have to realize we are not them. We just aren't built that way. Which is why we don't pee standing up.

Beyonce' should make us realize that even though sometimes we think we can go tit-for-tat with the fellas we really can't. Why is it that men can have the most dedicated, loving and supportive woman by their side and still mistreat us? Why can't they see what it takes for us to love so completely?

Men have no idea how much work goes into being us...just getting dressed is a task in its self. Curling irons, moisturizer, make-up, cute shoes, handbags, matching belts, earrings, waxing, plucking, tweezing, shaving, salon's and way too many other things involved in the maintenance of being a women; that most men take for granted. They take it for granted because they just roll out of bed throw on anything, look any kind of way and STILL a woman manages to find them attractive.

She's (Beyonce') right in saying most of the time they don't listen and for the most part they don't understand what it feels like to love selflessly. What does it take for men to love completely, unconditionally and without restriction? The world may never know.

If I were a boy, I would make sure she understood how deep my love ran, try to listen to her desires, be supportive, encouraging, assertive but not overbearing, tell her I love her every chance I got and most importantly try hard to understand that it can not be easy to love some one like me.

But all the ifs in the world wouldn't matter...I'm just a girl!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Kia you are so right and wise beyond your years. Why is it that boys expect us to give and give...but if we are "too" there for them, its "too" much! Please, they should be happy to have someone fabulous put up with their a**!

Anonymous said...

Yes Mam! I totally agree with Beyonce's new song as well. She came back strong. I can truly relate to what she is saying. Because even though mean grow in age, they still are unable to look beyond their perceptions in relationships, such as just friends, friends w/ benefits,dating, girlfriend, wife, etc. Men have a prideful outlook on everything, especially "relationships". If I were a boy, I would be a man and lay my childish ways aside by showing my woman she is all I need If I felt like she lacked in certain areas, I would tell her or suggest ways of improvement~STICK IT OUT... instead of disrespecting her. (having my cake and eat it too) Love is a very powerful emotion. Playing with someone's heart is just like asking for death. But at the end of the day, I am just a girl...

Men place your feet in our shoes for just one day and acknowledge what is important when comes to relationship values.

~Britaine'

Anonymous said...

all ima say is...times are changing..babies having babies..and the title..If i was a boy...what you mean? yea it use to be dudes messing around on their girlfriends while the girl is faithful waiting at home...me personally i know for sho taht women are jus like men..they have boyfriends..but they have side niggas...we have girlfriends but we have side junts....jus this past weekend...a girl got a boyfriend but she went out wit a friend for dinner? i think thats something wrong with that pic..first off..the girl diddnt even tell the boyfriend..on top of that...dinner? when the boyfriend is out takin care of business..she over there getting her face fact...this world is deteriorating everyday...if were a boy..should be retitled...WHY ARE WE THE SAME"..cuz there is no IF...girls are doing the exact same thing as dudes..but the only thhing is...is that..women are smart..too smart to get caught..us on the other hand..we try and do to much...and we get our ownself in trouble....till this day..i trust noone.....i see it everyday..girlfreinds..chillin..messing around on the boyfriends and vice versa but at the end of the day..its like I LOVE YOU BABY...fuck that shit...im not tryin to blame my actions on women..but the reason why im acting like that...running around in these streets cuz they encouraging in a way..if i see ALL GIRLS RUNNIN AROUND BEIN FAST, IN MY MIND..AND FROM EXPERIENCE..I LL NEVER GET MARRIED...DONT GET ME WRONG..I KNOW THERE ARE SOME GOOD GIRLS OUT THERE BUT ITS LIKE ALL OF THEM DONE DONE DONE IT ALL AND COAUGHT THE RHIANNA GOOD GIRL GONE BAD SYNDROME...

Anonymous said...

OH YEA..ITS NOT A "IF I WAS A BOY"..."YALL ARE"!!!!!!!! PERIOD POINT BLANK!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Women have been trying to get men to see things in a different perspective, but men can past that third leg, to see a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I kinda agree with razzle. Women are scandalous! They know what to do, how to do it and how NOT to get caught. I'm trying to rap with Kia and she aint hearing me! Scandolous! Just kidding. Kia, you my girl and you do have some very valid and truthful points. It goes both ways for men and women. You have some on both sides that are truthful, faithful and the like. I won't say I won't get be getting married, but I have to be able to trust my significant other. We all do our dirt. Men do just get caught more than women. But we fall short of the glory of a wonderful relationship. If a man has a good thing at home, keep that...grass is not always greener on the other side. Ladies same to you. He might be fine, have a nicer car but he might not be all he's cracked up to be. Support each other, meet half way...once we all learn to give and take and sacrafice, everyones situation with that significant other will greatly improve. mjbp

Anonymous said...

all im saying is how are men suppose to find the "one" if the "one" been with one too many? Nowadays..its not even a girlfriend boyfriend thing anymore...its a I GOT A MAIN CHICK...why be in a relationship, if you are goin to do the same thing you was doin when you was single?..gettin n2 a relationship is jus a cover up to mess around...i KNOW WOMEN FOR A FACT..I CAN COUNT TEN IN 10SECS THAT ARE SINGLE..THEY HAVE A NIGGA THEY CHILL WITH ON A REGULAR...AT THE SAME TIME...THE NIGGA GOT A MAIN CHICK THAT HE CHILLS WITH ON A REGULAR....so that means to me...ummmm, why be in a relationship when you can have the same thing in a relationship, without being in one? nobody will get hurt..theres no obligations....there no trust issues...u have a mutual understanding automatically. Now being in a relationship nowadays...umm relationships arent what they use to be..girlfriend and boyfriend messes around on each other..but when either one get caught its a big deal..but arent yall both doin dirt? now its a trust issue...I KNOW 4SHO SOME GOOD GIRLS OUT THERE..TAHT HAS A VINDICTIVE, CONSERVATIVE TRAIT ABOUT THEM...THEY DONT GET CAUGHT...ALSO THERE IS NOTHING RIGHT ABOUT FLIRTING...EVERYONE AND THERE MAMA FLIRT..TO ME THATS A FORM OF CHEATING..LUSTIN...BUT ITS LIKE..PEOPLE DO IT..I WANT TO GET MARRIED..AND THE KINDA PERSON THAT I AM..I WILL LOVE HARD WITH ALL MY HEART..BUT IN MY MIND...WHY GET MARRIED...PEOPLE ARE GETTIN MARRIED MORE THAN EVER, BUT DIVORCE RATES ARE AT AN ALLTIME HIGH? WHATS UP WITH THAT...YOU SAY YOU LOVE A PERESON..MARRY THAT PERSON..INFEDILITY ENTERS THE HOME? WHUDAFUXUP?

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TO AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT.....THE END....IM NOT SAYIN ITS WILL HAVE A POSITIVE TURNOUT..BUT HEY..IT IS WHAT IT IS